I do. I was instantly obsessed. Two amazing treats bundled into one. It was like I was given the improbable gift of two desserts in one night – something that was mind-blowing for a kid who typically didn’t have dessert or soda unless there was a birthday or other special event marked on the calendar.
Root beer floats were the thing of dreams.
On an uncommonly warm evening a few weeks ago, I was trying to conjure up a more refreshing dessert than the warm pies, crisps, and cakes so often served this time of year and remembered the root beer floats of my childhood dreams.
Having given up soda for beverages with no added sugar, I tried to think of a replacement for the root beer portion of the float. It didn’t take long.
My growler of Aqua ViTea Mulled Cider Kombucha was the first thing to greet my searching eyes when I opened the refrigerator.
After only a few moments I had not only constructed but also devoured the entire creation.
Needless to say, the experiment was a delicious success. With the same fizzy foaminess and smooth sweetness as a root beer float, the Mulled Cider Kombucha float offers the added benefit of having a slightly lighter and more refreshing flavor profile.
Here’s what you’ll need to recreate this at home.
- Aqua ViTea Mulled Cider Kombucha
- Vanilla Ice Cream (I always buy Strafford Organic Creamery Vanilla Ice Cream)
If you want to get fancy, make sure you have some garnishes on hand.
- Cinnamon sticks/ground cinnamon
- Ground cloves
- Whole star anise
- Ground nutmeg
If you want, you can also add an extra splash of Champlain Orchards Vermont Apple Cider to it – it’s actually one of the original ingredients of our Mulled Cider Kombucha.
For guests, family, or friends who are new to Kombucha or skeptical of it, this is the perfect way to introduce it to them.
Until next time!
- Place a large scoop of vanilla ice cream into an 11.5 oz rocks glass.
- Pour Aqua ViTea Mulled Cider Kombucha over the ice cream until it is covered.
- Add a dash of apple cider (if you wish).
- Garnish with cinnamon stick, whole star anise, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and ground cloves.
- Devour and make another one.