This version of transmogrified puts a funktional twist on a tiki mocktail classic: the Piña Colada. The recent warm temps here in our Green Mountain State have felt invigorating. And with National Piña Colada Day on the horizon, we wanted to play with a tropical recipe that most everyone is familiar with. I give to you: the Kombucha Colada (Kombulada? Colucha?).
The Piña Colada is an iconic taste that makes this mocktail one of the best. It’s a classic that proves just how much pineapple loves coconut – and in this case, Blood Orange Kombucha too! It screams palm trees, sun, sand and surf – all things tied into a tropical getaway. And since we lack some of those things here in the Northeast, why not stimulate the senses with a taste that is sure to transcend you there? While you’re sipping, you can also rest assured that you’ve incorporated a fair dose of probiotics into your day. Now that’s what I call a ridonkulously funktional drink!
Kombucha Colada Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins
No Cooking Required
- 1 cup of ice
- ½ cup chopped fresh ripe pineapple
- ¼ cup Aqua ViTea Blood Orange Kombucha
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- Honey to taste (about 1 tsp depending how sweet the pineapple is)
- Pineapple wedge for garnish
- Using a blender or magic bullet, add all the ingredients
- Blend until smooth
- Have a taste and adjust with more honey if needed
- Garnish with wedge of pineapple, serve, and enjoy immediately
Until next time…