Words, pictures, and recipe by Surya.
Is there anything more traditional than a Memorial Day BBQ? The inevitable (and delicious) grill-fest is our favorite sign that summer is just around the corner. At Aqua ViTea, we’re testing out a new Memorial Day tradition: Kombucha Jello.
Why Jello? It brings people way back to their childhood (I’ve got friends who reminisce about jiggly orange cubes with such fondness you wouldn’t believe) while also being a super fun and festive dessert perfect for a celebration.
Your elementary school treat + Kombucha = some beautifully colored transmogrified magic!
This is one of the simpler recipes out there — just four ingredients and a little time. Gelatin, berries, honey, and, of course, Aqua ViTea Strawberry Sage Kombucha are all you need.
Chopped berries and honey create a beautiful and transfixing combination as you mix them on the stove. After the honey turns to true liquid, add your gelatin and water mixture. Then, pour in the Strawberry Sage Kombucha in batches — watch out, if you pour too much at once it will foam like crazy.
Once everything is mixed together, pour it into a baking pan and let the jello chill (no pun intended) in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours. You can cut it into fun shapes, or heap it into a bowl — either way, we hope you enjoy these wiggly probiotic treats as much as we do!
- 4 cups Aqua ViTea Strawberry Sage Kombucha
- 6 tbs local raw honey
- 1 cup chopped berries
- 2 tbs unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup water
- Heat water slightly and add gelatin; stir till combined.
- Heat honey and berries together in a pan. Slowly pour the gelatin mixture in and stir until everything is combined.
- Stir in the kombucha in batches, stirring slowly (too fast and it will foam).
- Once everything is mixed together, pour into a baking dish. Cover and let sit for at least 2-3 hours. Enjoy!